25 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Mon, 2003-12-08 21:01

Hello and Hi....

since the old discussions not are on the new page, i have to start the discussion again, concerning guitars and plusses!!!!

just for picking up the old facts!!!

i play "Gibson/ black beauty with gold pick-ups" just got it from the yellow pages Smiley-midget

in which song is the best solo from Jacob??

i think it is in the song grow or pay (live from the live cd)

what ya´ll think?? Smiley-midget-laugh

every time you throw dirt,
you lose a little ground!!

v.h. lasse (d-a-d lunatic)

P.S. thx to everyone who helped me with the "profile" issue...

Posted: Mon, 2003-12-08 23:32

I'm a guitarist too! (as you might undestand, cos' I've said it in every f...... post) The solo Copper plays live in Grow or pay is without a doubt amazing, and the one on Psycho is of coase no exeption. The normal interlude in Gop is also great, and Gop IS my favourite song. I also really like hearing I wont cut my hair live. He also always plays an awsome solo in that one.
Gibson rocks!

"With an excuse and a bow; I'll be playing it now!"
By GoP

---------------------------------------

"A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain"
-Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)

S

Posted: Tue, 2003-12-09 09:54

Hi

Guitarrist here too, I have a Old worn black Peavey predator in balck and white.
Yeah, Grow or Pay is really the .best solos Cobber is playing. But I also like solo he play at Hørve, long good.

/ S

Posted: Tue, 2003-12-09 23:30

Me too...

GoP truly is great song with a splendid solo... just too bad I can't play it properly at home Smiley-midget-sad you see, I only hav acoustics at home so there isquite some sound missing - especially in the solo! (I am planning on buying an electric after christmas if I don't get one - only problem is I'll have to borrow even more money than I already owe)

Guess I'll just have to sponge on my friends 'till then Smiley-midget-laugh

/ZD

------ WEHEEE! just borrowed a guitar for the entire christmas holidays Smiley-midget-laugh now I too can play the good old classics - with a decent sound Smiley-wink this sure ain't gonna be no "sad sad x-mas" Smiley-midget-laugh -----------

"man like dog can be taught not to talk..."

Posted: Wed, 2003-12-10 16:29

Hi again!!!

what du ya'll play for songs?? i best like to play rock for e.g.

favourit guitarists??

jacob Binzer
Nuno Bettencourt
Tom Morellow
Van Halen

also the guitarists from (incubus, creed and pearl jam, can't remember their names :D)

what du you think??

you lose a little ground.

everytime you throw dirt
you lose a little ground!!!

Posted: Thu, 2003-12-11 00:17

I actually play all kinds of music. All the way from classical to, the heaviest metal!

Fav guitarists:
1. Copper!!!!!!!
2. Kirk Hammett (Metallica)
3. Jimi Hendrix
4. Jimmi Page (Led Zeppelin)
5. Gary Moore (Thin Lizzy)
The reason I put Gary on my list is because he's got some of the most catchy riffs ever. The one from "Whiskey in the jar" is simply amazing.

By GoP

Posted: Thu, 2003-12-11 08:13

well, here is another guitarist.. Smiley-midget

I am playing a Black Standard Les Paul and a "own-made" kind a e.g. Strat.. I'll soon send pics of it to the Creations-area.. it's pretty cool - gotta see it..!!! Smiley-midget

I remember a great solo cobber did for Sleeping My Day Away, when they played one uf the Soulbenders concerts lately.. that was great.. But if I were to point out one of the best recorded solos.. it would probably be the one in Last Mango In Paris.. that song is rocking, dude..

tjek out the band i'm playing in - Magnum Opus - http://tousig.dk/magnumopus - don't mind the look the the homepage, it was just a quick solution and a little old.. there will soon be a brand new one up - after we finished recording a cd we are working on.. Smiley-midget-laugh

ROCK ON, DUDES AND SEE YA OUT THERE,
Martin

ROCK ON
:: martintousig.dk

Posted: Thu, 2003-12-11 15:12

I'm a guatarist..

i play the only real guitar (besides gibson) a fender stratocaster (highway 1)

i like to play led zeppelin, d-a-d metallica, Blues and a lot of rock classics.....

Scare Yourselfish

Buster F.K.'s picture
Buster F.K. (not verified)

Posted: Thu, 2003-12-11 15:34

Hello there! I'm also a guitarist, and I play Gibson SG, and Les Paul... Accoustic it's: Santana and Fender.. My favourite guitarists are:

1. Jacob Arild Binzer
2. Kirk Hammet (Metallica)
3. Jimi Hendrix
4. Eric Clapton (Cream)
5. Blackmore (Deep Purple)

Buster F.K.

Posted: Sat, 2003-12-13 20:03

I've got a brandnew Epiphone Les Paul Standard in honeyburst. it's no Gibson but I got alot of guitar for my money!

1. Cobber
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. Slowhand
4. Jimmy Page
5. Kurt Cobain

Anybody beside me whos got tickets for clapton?

Black Cricket

-Who's Zed?
- Zed's dead baby!

Posted: Tue, 2003-12-16 21:15

Hey...

Of course Cobber is my all-time favorite guitarist!!!
Beside the obvious Hendix and Clapton, I think that we have some of the most amazing here in Denmark!!!
Uffe Steen who plays THE BLUES! He plays in Blue junction and as a guitarduo with Ole frimer!
Knud Møller, who plays with Johnny "the King" Madsen, "no words needed"!!!
And the most heavy dude in Denmark; Michael Søbygge!!! Listen to his solo albums or his Melodic Meltdown project!!! Think all ya Aalborgguys agree, Søhesten kicks ..... See ya 28. Dec. at Skråen!!!

If you agree, please mail me...

PeDe

"A look to the sky,
that's the reason why-
I'd rather live than die!"

PeDe

Posted: Thu, 2003-12-18 20:57

*stands up*
*falls over*

I play a Les Paul and a BC Rich Warlock mainly the Les Paul tho) and my favourite axmen are Cobber (of course!) but I am mainly influenced by Randy Rhoads (R.I.P.) and Zakk Wylde, two of Ozzy's guitarists. I also really rate Steve Clarke (also R.I.P.) of Def Leppard fame and of course Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) is the master of the chunky metal riff...!

--------------------
I've grown, I paid.

Posted: Thu, 2003-12-18 22:16

I play a shitty Squier Strat. Soon I'll get a Fender USA Highway 1 Fat Strat!! (drools)

1. A tie between Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page
2. Kurt Cobain
3. Copper
4. John Frusciante
5. Josh Homme

Best solo? hmmm.... Live Grow Or Pay maybe??

Posted: Thu, 2003-12-18 22:53

Damn! Tom Morello and Peter Buck should also be somewhere on that list...

Posted: Fri, 2003-12-19 14:02

Fender higway 1 is a really nice guitar!!! i got one my self!!!

Scare Yourselfish

Posted: Mon, 2003-12-22 00:37

I play a Fender strat with my own specifications(replacements pick up and other stuff) I made them my self and they work fine. I would like to get some Les Pauls, but I don´t think i will ever get the money for a Gibson, so it will have to be a Epiphone

I can´t say that guy is my favorite guitarist, but cobber is one of them, also Dimebag Darrel of former Pantera(R.I.P Pantera), Kirk Hammett, Johnny Lang and mick of slipknot, who also happends to be a former guitar teacher.

My fav´song of D:A:D is grow or pay.

I read that a new band that just recorded their debut jused cobbers gretsch guitar and now their guitarist is on the searche for one .

Posted: Mon, 2003-12-22 18:46

Hi...

i think there has been recieved a lot of good opinions concerning guitarists....

what is each and every ones favorite effect....??

i aint got any special effects, but i got my favorite one any way...

for me it is "whau whau"
or what it is called...

you lose a little ground..

v.h. lasse d-a-d lunatic..

everytime you throw dirt

Posted: Mon, 2003-12-22 18:57

I very rarely use anything (especially with the Les Paul, it sounds beautiful all by itself!!) I play through a Marshal Valvestate - lots of treble, lots of bass, no mids, for that **chunky** metal sound! I also use heavy Dulop picks and gauge 10 strings. Sometimes I will use a set of 10s for the 3 bass strings and trebles from a set of 11s.

I sometimes use a chorus effect, but more for the clean sound, and I absolutely suck with a wah-wah pedal!! (although I should really get one and learn how to use it properly!)

--------------------
I've grown, I paid.

Posted: Tue, 2003-12-23 12:09

Well - favourite guitarist... No doubt that Cobber is one of 'em, mostly because of his very beautiful and unique style of playing - others could be Joe Satriani and Tim Christensen or maybe a thousand others... Very hard to tell.

For my own sake; I play on the following setup:

- Gibson SG Standard ->
- Marshall JMP-1 preamp ->
- T.C. Electronic in the loop ->
- Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp, only used as slaveamp, and has an old Marshall Cab connected.
Besides the G-major I use the following pedals:
- T-rex Alberta
- Dunlop CryBaby Wah-Wah

Effects? Well I various types - delay and reverb very often for that super lead sound Smiley

Thomas \"Mighty Highty High\" Lund

Posted: Tue, 2003-12-23 15:31

That's right the Les Paul sounds beautiful all by it self!
I use a Jim Dunlop CryBaby and I really like it. It's great for I wont cut my hair. My only dist pedal is a Boss metalzone MT-2. A fucking freaky heavy sound! I gotta get myself a chorus-pedal soon.

By GoP

Posted: Wed, 2004-01-07 19:30

Les paul: a great guitar certainly!

i play an ESP with EMG-81's and boss GT-6 + digitech effects.

Greatest solo from jacob?
it's hard to choose but yes it is Grow or pay on Psychopatico...

U D E M Æ R K E T !!!!!!

Posted: Wed, 2004-01-07 22:58

Hi!
The best way to make suicide is by Driving a fast Back wheel driven car with a good audio system and select "Wild Talk" When that solo is played I will soon find my self off the road, cause I´ve probably got totaly mad & out of control when listening to that solo!!
Best solo ever!

Posted: Wed, 2004-01-14 15:01

Hi again!!!

again i would like to say, that i am happy, that so many have replayed!!

there is just one thing, that i can say... guitarist rule, and there is nothing there can be said about that!!!

guitarist do get more girls Smiley-midget-laugh (joke)

i am also very fond of bass, if one can play guitar, he can play bass, and i think, that STIG should play a solo or something like that.. some kind of great intro.!! what ya'll think??

you lose a little ground

everytime you throw dirt

Buster F.K.'s picture
The Guitar player (not verified)

Posted: Wed, 2004-01-21 20:51

Oh i know that it is a bit soon to write but i do it. I play guitar like all other's who had find the meaning with life. favourite guitarrist.
1. Cobber
2. J. Binzer
3. Cobain

Posted: Mon, 2004-02-02 08:44

Hi!!!

I agree with you!! Grow Or Pay has got a great solo! But I personally love when you see D-A-D live, at Cobber just improvises!

I Got my first Gibson in 1999, a Gibson Les Paul Studio. And i got my second one about a year ago, a Gibson Classic Honeyburst. I LOVE them both!! And they certainly vost me A LOT of money too!!!!

Thankyou and goodnight
D-Anne-D

Add new comment