8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Wed, 2003-11-19 16:50

Maybe it's just me, but why do I never hear D-A-D on the radio???
You can't turn on your radio without hearing Kashmir, Tim, Sort Sol, Saybia...
But almost never D-A-D...
At least they sell much more koncert tickets, and just as many albums as them. And it can't be bacause the music are too hard to airplay...
Maybe it's just my point of view, but I'd like to know if any other has noticed it...
PeDe

Posted: Wed, 2003-11-19 17:31

In 2001 D-A-D was the second most played band in the danish radios.. Madonna was the most played..!

I dont hear radio, i got my cd's.. :)..

Dont know, but i think Kashmir and Tim C are more Pop than D-A-D are.. And they play pop fore the most ind the radios i think..

From girl nation Martin B.

---------------------------------------

From Girl Nation
Martin J.C. Bentzen

Posted: Thu, 2003-11-20 10:37

About the radio blacklisting D-A-D, I heard some songs a long time ago, when the new SoftDogs album was just realeased. Of course they only played the song Softdogs, but they have played some songs...

What I don´t understand is why they do not play some D-A-D videos on the danish boogie program. I guess they also only play pop and this new trendy hip-hop...

"I'm one hell of a kid, I must be God's favourite"
"Long live Rock"
- Pete Townshend

Posted: Thu, 2003-11-20 11:27

They play d-a-d videos in boogie! sometimes in battles and other times when it is a speciel program about old music (80's).
But boogie plays whats new if d-a-d makes a new video the also plays that i'm sure.

Scare Yourselfish

Posted: Thu, 2003-11-20 22:32

Well, the reason why they play Kashmir on the radio is that they've got a fairly new album out - plus they just recently released the single Rocket Brothers.

D-A-D's latest album - or even single - was released quite some time ago.

I don't listen to the radio much, but I certainly haven't heard any Saybia as of lately.

I haven't heard any Sort Sol either, but I guess the songs you've heard are "Holler High" and/or "Rhinestone", two excellent pop/rock classics.

Je suis Lasse... qui le fuck étes-vous?

Posted: Wed, 2003-11-26 14:38

I aggre that ther haven't played
d-a-d that much for some time, but I guess that the radio station needs to hear something from the band to play them more often. Other bands might more in the media right now because they sre new and "exciting" and d-a-d ain't so that might be the reason.

"each of us is a can of tomato"

Posted: Sat, 2003-11-29 22:25

In a way I think your'e right, Saybia for examble is played more often, but I actually heard Soft Dogs today in a local radio in Kolding called Radio Scala. So they do get some air-time, but not as much as we hardcore fans want...
By the way, a couple of weeks ago, at the same station, I heard the original It's after Dark, from Draws a Circle, and that was at 23:30, pretty cool!

Posted: Sat, 2003-11-29 22:42

Actually, P3's Natradio played Jesper Binzer's "Good Evening Mr. Whack" this Tuesday the 25th between 1 and 2 am.

Je suis Lasse... qui le fuck étes-vous?

Add new comment