9 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Sun, 2017-03-12 01:30

Hi all netpets Smiley

The D-A-D website esp discussion and chat seems a bit dead and has been for a while.

Any suggestions on how we can get more activity going on here?

I will create a netpet chat in one of the upcoming days, but what else?

I was thinking, maybe D-A-D could upload videoes once a while.. maybe from the studio, rehearshal or something else, which ONLY can be seen here on the website. Smiley

Best regards
Tina

Posted: Sun, 2017-03-12 20:39

Not a bad idea. But i think Facebook and Instagram is easier for the guys to access and keep updated thats why this site is so dead.
The high activity level on the forums was before the social media went big. Now people use other channels to communicate.

Sorry ;)

---------------------------------------

Molly, she is brown-spottet, cheerful and she is Jolly.

Posted: Fri, 2017-03-17 20:49

There was plenty of activity on the forums and the chat in the late 90's to mid 00's and then as Bachdk mentions; social media hit the stage and communication on the internet totally changed.
Yes it was great fun on the chat back then, almost every night you would find people from USA, Germany, Finland, Denmark etc. on there. But all good things must come to an end, only the good memories remain. Smiley-police (Yes, I still remember some of the "secret" smilies)

A girl phoned me the other day and said "Come on over, there's
nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home.

Posted: Sat, 2017-03-18 02:17

Yep.. it's true.. Social medias have sadly, in this case, taken over and made the website more dead.

That's also what Jesper said, when I met him at Odeon in Odense. I told him about how quiet the website was. He didn't know what to do about it.

But it sure was fun back then Smiley

Posted: Sun, 2017-03-19 13:56

I could imagine that this place would become more alive again if the band would use this cozy place for some exclusive activities, like Tina mentioned. Just feed us with news on regular basis, appear a bit more in here (e.g. participate in this board, this was and is a mayor lacking as I think) and see what's going on. As I am still ignoring facebook I feel pretty much outdated by now...

Because love cools and friends drift apart
Too old to be shy but I wonder what to say
- After I said: Hi!

Posted: Fri, 2017-03-31 20:11

Back when Everything Glows was in the making they released quite a few photos and videos from the studio - it was fantastic to follow the process like that.
It would be cool if they could do such thing again.
Maybe a live webcam session from the studio?

A girl phoned me the other day and said "Come on over, there's
nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home.

GF

Posted: Wed, 2017-05-10 15:32

I agree with all of the above (and my respect to Capt. Spacehead for managing to steer out of facebook), but if you look at it from the bands point of view. What would they win by choosing exclusive stuff on their own site over a general share on sites like FB? You only reach your hardcore fan base (of course that would be the point of exclusives), but on FB their target audience is perhaps 100 times or more bigger, than on their own site. Even if most of their 'FB fans' are just casual concert attenders and not long time fans like yourselves. A few years back, I was still active on the chat, from time to time and Azda even encouraged me to visit more regularly, as I might be able to help bring more life to the site, but I simply fear it's a lost cause (I'm not even sure if Azda is still the Webtender anymore??). I've had the pleasure of meeting many fans from the forum in real life or in other ways exchange bootlegs and scrap book material etc. over the years, but even those things have moved to facebook as well. You're simply fighting against a system that has every news or item you might seek, under one roof. We hardly even get any newsletters (beside from new Webshop stuff) or Net Pet specialties anymore (beside our treasure X-mas card). I recall a few times, we had the honor of being invited to exclusive concerts or got a heads up on meet 'n' greets and the likes. Now a days, we can read all about it on FB. Imagine if the Net Pets had received a heads up about their Slow Rampage shows.
When Scare Yourself was released, we attended the mini concert in Stereo Studiet in Aarhus. I wore a t-shirt with a home-made punker Molly, my gf had made. Stig admired it, saying he hadn't seen that version before. My gf replied, well we send it to your site.. Stig admitted, he rarely visited the site, which simply support Capt. Spacehead's point = They've never really been active here, except for a few x-mas chats. I don't blame them as such. But come on, you guys really believe that Jesper wouldn't know how to draw attention to this site, if he really wanted to??
I just think they focus their energy on FB where the masses seems to be, and even if it's a real shame, I can't blame them for trying to reach as many as possible the easiest way possible.

If you want to be missed - then go away...

And some very wise words:
Man with feet on ground, cannot put on shoes

...I'm a GoldFish on a table..

Posted: Tue, 2017-05-16 16:14

Hey GF - I am still around. Who would otherwise keep the tour list updated and take care of the archives? As you have noticed I check in in the chatroom now and then, to answer questions not coming through FB and email. And to cheer up old Molly!
I appreciate that you and other old friends still stop by here from time to time. Even though the website can never compete with FB, this is a place which, very much unlike FB, is dedicated to D-A-D and the Net Pets. On FB everything is written in water. The Rock Of Rock is solid ground. Never let the lighthouse slip out of view!

-Azda

Posted: Mon, 2017-07-17 19:04

I remember the good old days where there'd be scheduled band-chats now and then.
Take a look at this snapshot of the website back in 2005: https://web.archive.org/web/20050124132647/http://d-a-d.dk:80/
good times, good times ^_^

Fan since christmas 2004.
Fav. song - Evil Twin
Fav. album - Scare Yourself

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

Plain text